News

College in Top Form with ATAR Result

Mikayla Moolman of Little Grove, Albany was one of thousands of students who checked their ATAR score released on 16 December 2018.  Waiting for the results, Dux of the WA College of Agriculture-Denmark was confident that she had done well but was delighted to find that her score of 99 was one of the highest scores ever achieved at the College.

Speaking to Mikayla, who is currently enjoying a holiday break as part of a gap year, says that the next 12 months will be used to gain some perspective in planning for the future and finding her independence. “I will be taking a gap year to do some travelling and incorporate a working holiday in those plans…there are many academic choices that I can make as a result of my ATAR score and I want to make sure that I make the right ones.”

Mikayla at this point feels that she will either enter medicine or veterinary studies and said that the College had provided her with fabulous experiences and opportunities. “Veterinary may well be the direction I go in as I feel that studying at the College has prepared me well for this.” said Mikayla.

Georgia Keast from Katanning placed second highest with an ATAR score of 90.55

A delighted principal Kevin Osborne said, “The College is very pleased that almost 50% of the ATAR group of students achieved an ATAR score of 70 or better.”

← View more posts

View map and get directions (opens in a new window)