Financial Assistance

Financial Assistance

Boarding Away from Home Allowance – Agricultural Special Subsidy
Closed for 2018!

The Western Australian Department of Education makes available a student Boarding Away from Home Allowance (BAHA) each year to families with children attending primary and/or secondary school. In 2018 this allowance will be $1,948 if the student is in residential accommodation for the entire year. Pro rata payments are also made.

This subsidy is not available to:

  • Parents / guardians who are in receipt of Assistance for Isolated Children from the Department of Human Services (Centrelink);
  • Students who are in receipt of Youth Allowance at the Away Rate or
  • Students who are in receipt of ABSTUDY with full boarding paid by the Department of Human Services (Centrelink)

Deductions will be made to the student account once the College receives the completed form.

Document Centre Download:
BAHA Agricultural College Special Subsidy Application Form

Boarding Away from Home Allowance – Assistance for Isolated Children
Closing Soon! 30 November 2018

In 2018 this allowance will be $1,948 if the student is in residential accommodation for the entire year subject to confirmation that you have received the Assistance for Isolated Children (AIC) allowance or Second Home Allowance for the whole of the year. Pro-rata payments are also made for periods over one month in duration.

Deductions are made to the student account once the College receives the completed form along with evidence of receiving AIC (as per the example provided via the download link).

In Term 4, the Department of Education will verify AIC payments for the remainder of the year through the enrolment status of your son / daughter with the College. When this is acknowledged, the payment process commences. Payments are made direct to the College.

Should your details change at any time during the year, please notify the Department of Education via email

Document Centre Downloads:
BAHA AIC Application Form
Sample AIC Statement (to support your application)

Secondary Assistance Scheme
Closed for 2018!

The Department of Education provides an allowance to assist eligible families with secondary schooling costs. To be eligible for the allowance the Parent / Guardian must hold a Department of Human Services (Centrelink) Health Care Card, Department of Human Services (Centrelink) Pensioner Concession Card or a Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card that represents a statement of low income for the family.

Please Note: The only Veterans’ Affairs Card that meets the criteria is a blue card that is issued each year and expires in December each year. This card is income means tested.

The allowance consists of two components:

  • $115 Clothing Allowance which will be paid to the parent / guardian unless indicated on the application form that you wish it to paid to the College.
  • $235 Education Program Allowance which is paid directly to the College and will be deducted from contributions and charges.

Application forms are available via the download link below. These forms will need to be completed and returned to the College prior to the closing date together with a photocopy of your concession card if you are unable to provided this in person. Late applications will only be accepted in extenuating circumstances and must be accompanied with a written explanation.

Further Information: Contact Us

Assistance for Isolated Children

You may be eligible for Assistance for Isolated Children Scheme payments if:

  • you meet residence requirements
  • your family home is geographically isolated from an appropriate state school
  • the student has a disability or a special health related or educational need that cannot be met at a local state school
  • the student does not have reasonable daily access to state schooling for at least 20 school days in a year for reasons beyond the family’s control
  • the student is not geographically isolated but they do not have reasonable daily access to state schooling, and
  • the student:
    – boards away from home at a school or hostel or privately, or
    – can go to school daily because your family has a second home, or
    – lives at home and is undertaking distance education or approved
    home schooling

Applications for Assistance for Isolated Children are made directly through your nearest Centrelink office or by calling 13 23 18. Further information is available at

Subsidised Travel Scheme

The Student Subsidised Travel Scheme provides travel assistance to school and tertiary students between home and school by regular passenger transport (air, bus or rail) via the most direct route.

Eligibility criteria does apply and further information, including application forms is available at or by calling 1300 660 147.

Personalised Payment Plan

A personalised instalment plan is an available option to help you pay College subject and residential boarding fees in regular affordable instalments.

We average your charges (excluding extra-curricular charges) over the school year so you can pay in set instalments via direct debit. You can choose whether to pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly. We will review your personalised instalment plan regularly and advise you if you are on target or if any adjustments may be required. There are no additional fees or costs involved in a personalised instalment plan.

To enquire or to set-up a personalised instalment plan, please contact the Manager, Corporate Services on (08) 9848 0200 or email

Other Financial Assistance

Further information regarding the financial assistance payments available can be obtained from your nearest Centrelink office or by phoning 13 23 17 or visit

Available Payment Options

In Person using cash, cheque, credit/debit card or EFTPOS:

Administration Office
WA College of Agriculture – Denmark
872 South Coast Highway, DENMARK  WA  6333

Over the Telephone using credit/debit card:

(08) 9848 0200

By Mail using cheque or money order:

WA College of Agriculture – Denmark
PO Box 350, DENMARK  WA  6333
Please do not send cash via post

Via Electronic Transfer:

Account Name: WA College of Agriculture – Denmark
Bank Name: Bankwest Denmark
BSB: 306 009
Account: 0110895
Reference: Please use the student name as a reference


Further Contact: Craig Armstrong, Manager, Corporate Services, (08) 9848 0204

View map and get directions (opens in a new window)